Expressions of interests are invited for qualified Head and Assistant Tennis Coaches to assist Strathfield Sports Club in providing high level coaching and sporting related services to its members and the local community.
Strathfield Sports Club is located at 4a Lyons Strathfield NSW 2135, and is one of the oldest tennis clubs in NSW. Established in 1881, SSC has a rich tennis history which includes fostering some of the greatest tennis players Australia has ever seen.
The club currently has 10 tennis courts consisting of 8 synthetic, 2 Hard court and 2 natural grass courts as well as 2 state of the art futsal fields.
The club is embarking on an exciting chapter in its history, with a refurbishment of the existing club house and the construction of a new Sports Pro Shop. Included in the new pro shop will also be new change room facilities.
What we are after
The club is seeking qualified Tennis Coaches who can:
- Deliver Junior and Adult coaching/competition programs
- Plan, manage and deliver Tennis Australia ANZ Hot Shots program
- Plan, manage and deliver school holiday camps
- Plan, manage and deliver school Programs (both on and off site, including links with Sporting Schools funding)
- Private & Group Lessons
- Plan, manage and deliver Junior development program
- Plan, manage and Deliver Fit Bit Cardio Tennis program
Coaches must be willing to take a proactive role in marketing and growing the business whilst delivering great quality programs to our members and other stakeholders.
The club is also seeking coaches and other qualified staff to assist the club in the day to day running of its sporting operations. Some of these duties may include:
- Coaching and membership enquiries
- Manage court bookings (Tennis & Soccer)
- Organise and manage club competitions including Badge and Inter-district as well as internal competitions.
- Assist in running the pro shop
- Establish good relationships with stakeholders
- Active member of the Tennis Committee
- Must be a current and valid Tennis Australia Coach Business Member – Junior Development Coach or Club Professional Coach (preferable)
- Working with Children checks
- Valid National Police Check
- First Aid certification
- A passion for sport and a “Can do” attitude
- Well presented
- Great communication skills
- Coaches Liability Insurances
Due to the expansion of our Sport Operations, we have a number of positions available including Head Coach and Assistant Coach positions with Full Time employment available to the right candidate.
All options will be considered including being employed directly by the club leasing courts directly or bringing an established Academy to Strathfield Sports Club. The positions have the financial backing of a successful licensed club.
All interested partied are encouraged to put a proposal forward.
Please send Expressions of Interest to Chris Dunn, General Manager.
EOI will close on Wednesday 22nd of November 2018 at 5pm E: firstname.lastname@example.org
P: 02 9747 5055