Chelsea's unbeaten run in the 2012 Barclay's Premier League has continued with a 2-1 win over Arsenal at Emirates Stadium last week (September 29).

The Blues opened the scoring in the 18th minute after a poor challenge from Thomas Vermaelen on Eden Hazard conceded a free kick, which was taken by Juan Mata.

The shot found a waiting Fernando Torres just a few metres out, who fired home a goal from close range to put his team ahead.

Torres was clearly the danger man for Arsenal, the Spanish striker nearly setting up another goal a few minutes later, only to be denied by some tough defense from goalkeeper Vito Mannone.

Arsenal found the crucial equaliser in the 41st minute, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain connecting with Yao Gervinho to score just before half time.

The game changing moment came in the 52nd minute however, when Vermaelen was again penalised for an unfair challenge, this time on Torres.

Mata took the kick with pinpoint accuracy, his long range shot helped into the back of the net with a barely-there touch from Laurent Koscielny.

Arsenal had numerous chances to get back in the game, but rugged defense from Chelsea kept them out and proved why the Blues are still holding steady at the top of the table.

The result also means that Arsenal have now chalked up their first loss of the season, to drop to eighth on the table with a record of 2-3-1.

Meanwhile, second placed Everton racked up their second consecutive comprehensive victory, defeating Southampton 3-1 at home.

The other big talking point of the week was the dramatic match between Tottenham and Manchester City at Old Trafford.

The Spurs scored twice in the first half with goals to Jan Vertonghen and Gareth Bale, and the visitors could sense a huge upset on the horizon.

However Man City are not a team to lay down and roll over, and came out determined in the second half with a goal to Luis Nani.

A furious passage of play followed, with Clint Demspey scoring less than a minute later to maintain the Spur's two point lead, before Shinji Kagawi struck immediately after to take the scoreline to 2-3.

Man City fought hard for the equaliser, but the Spurs refused to back down and when the final whistle blew Tottenham had secured their first win at Old Trafford since 1989.