US Open Shoot Out 2022
US Open Shoot Out 2022
September 4 @ 1:00 pm - 5:30 pmA$25.00
The US Open Grand Slam is on and we’ve got an exciting event for our tennis members. Feel the vibe of the Grand Slam and be part of this exciting one-off Club Tournament with club cash prizes up for grabs. This is an Open’s Singles and Doubles event played in a Swiss Rounds Super Tie Breaker Format. Ladies are encouraged to enter with handicaps applied. This is a unisex event with mixed pairs allowed to enter the Doubles event.
- Event Policy: Failure to be on-site/on-court for your first round match at the allocated time will result in an immediate disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee.
- Doubles sign up on the day during singles events for those who are on-site, ready to play doubles.
- Withdrawals are accepted up to Tuesday 30 September 11:59pm AEST. Withdrawals after this date results in the forfeiture of entry fee.
- Only those on the Alternatives List who are present on the day will be accepted into the main draw should there be any withdrawals and/or defaults.
Swiss Rounds Super Tie Breaker Format Explained:
- All entrants to be categorised under a particular Division, based based on UTR (if any) and player ability (at the discretion of match coordinators).
- All entrants are entered into a 36 Singles Main Draw.
- All matches are round robin super tie break to 10 points. Sudden death at 9-all.
- All entrants plays 6 rounds of matches. Participants will advance in the draw based on their current record, and verse other players with the same or similar record. For example, players who have won 3 breakers and lost 1, will be paired with each other. Players who have yet to lose will continue to play each other.
- Everyone is placed from 1st place to 36th place once all matches have concluded.
Each division has its own handicap:
- Players from the same division playing each other receive no handicap.
- A player will receive a 2 point handicap (head start), against a player from a Division one higher than their own.
- A player will receive a 4 point handicap (head start), against a player from a Division at least 2 higher than their own.
- In addition to the above, if a female versus a male in any Division higher than their own, the male will only have 1 serve.
- Doubles handicap to be determined on the day based on entries/entrants by coordinators.